150+ Wedding Instagram Captions For Every Wedding Type
Amid all your wedding planning and preparations, you’ll also have to consider what wedding Instagram captions you’ll choose when sharing your magical photos from your big day.
As we live in this digital age, social media can of course be a great tool to share your life updates with your friends and followers.
Your wedding day is a huge milestone in your life, and coming up with the perfect wedding captions to commemorate your day can be a tricky process.
Luckily, we’ve thought of over 150 wedding photo captions for a variety of different wedding types and themes to help you find the perfect caption to share your lovely life update.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links. When you make a purchase we may receive a small commission at no extra expense to our readers.
What Are Wedding Instagram Captions
As you post your iconic wedding photos on your social media accounts, you’ll want to include some fantastic wedding Instagram captions along with them.
Your caption can be as simple, sentimental, or as funny as you see fit, but ultimately this caption should sum up your thoughts and feelings about your wedding day. It should also serve as a way to officially announce your marriage.
Why You Need Engaging Wedding Instagram Captions
While technically nothing is stopping you from posting your photo without a caption or with solely emojis, we definitely would recommend choosing some stellar wedding photo captions instead.
Having an engaging caption is a great way to commemorate your big day and your big news. Your caption can help your friends and family members who weren’t there on your wedding day share in the joy of this new chapter in your life.
Furthermore, if you’re changing your last name or combing your last names, incorporating a reference to your new name in your wedding captions can help inform your followers of the changes.
Tips On Choosing The Best Wedding Instagram Captions For Your Type Of Wedding
Every wedding has a different style and theme as each wedding celebrates the union of a unique relationship. Let your wedding captions highlight your personality and wedding style.
For example, if you’re having a traditional or religious ceremony, let your caption reflect how significant and meaningful your traditions were on your big day. If you’re having a destination wedding, describe your traveling adventure in your post.
And if your wedding focuses on your wedding theme, such as if you’re having a country wedding, make sure your wedding caption has some country twang to it.
Ultimately, you’ll want your wedding Instagram captions to be meaningful and personalized to your taste and style in order to truly highlight the type of wedding you and your partner had.
Other Internet And Social Media Tips For Weddings
As you begin to think more about your wedding photo captions, you may also want to consider creating an awesome wedding hashtag and having a useful wedding website to help further plan your big day.
Prepare Your Wedding Hashtags
Another tool to help your big day stand out on social media is to have personalized wedding hashtags. Wedding hashtags are not only a creative way to brand your relationship, but they also are an effective tool for organizing your wedding day memories online.
By choosing an original hashtag for you and your partner, you can encourage your friends, family, and wedding guests to join in on the fun by getting them to post their favorite memories using your unique hashtag.
With everyone posting under the same creative tag, you essentially create a one-of-a-kind digital photo album where you can continue to add memories and view your wedding day photos through social media for years to come.
Plus, this fun hashtag can make for excellent decor and props that you can scatter throughout your venue. It’s you and your partner’s lifelong slogan to display loud and proud!
Create Your Wedding Website
Aside from social media tips, creating a wedding website is also a fantastic online tool to keep in mind as you plan your big day.
Using a wedding website builder can help you streamline your planning process. Your wedding website is the place to manage your guest list information, your RSVPs, your to-do list, and so much more. You can also communicate new information or wedding updates to your guests through your website such as describing your wedding dress code or conducting polls on the food each guest wants.
Overall, creating a wedding website can be a super helpful tool you can use to organize your wedding plans digitally.
Gift Yourself Your Dream Honeymoon
Sign up and register today for a free honeymoon registry!Get Started
150+ Wedding Instagram Captions For Every Wedding Type
Best Wedding Captions For Traditional Religious Weddings
Planning a traditional religious wedding may involve selecting a church venue, picking out a traditional white wedding dress, and reading traditional wedding vows. When trying to choose your wedding Instagram captions for your traditional religious wedding, try mentioning how meaningful your religious ceremony was or even include a fitting Bible verse to serve as your caption.
- In sickness and in health, I will love and honor you all the days of my life.
- I am so incredibly blessed to have and to hold you in my life from this day forward, forevermore.
- I couldn’t have asked for a better person to walk down the aisle to.
- You said, “I Do” and I did, too!
- I’ll remember the beautiful sound of those wedding bells for the rest of my life.
- “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.” – Song of Solomon 6:3
- “Love is patient. Love is kind… Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
- Love is the greatest blessing.
- Today I married my best friend. I know God has many wonderful things in store for our future together.
- What a special moment it was to be united together in the sacrament of Holy Matrimony.
Wedding Instagram Captions For Jewish Weddings
Jewish weddings are rich in tradition from the veiling ritual known as bedeken, to Sheva Brachot, to breaking the glass, and concluding the ceremony with a private reflection known as yichud. With all these memorable and meaningful traditions involved in a Jewish wedding, these would be great aspects to mention in your wedding Instagram captions in order to truly highlight the importance of your religious ceremony.
- We smashed the glass!
- Had an absolute smashing time marrying the love of my life!
- “By this ring you are consecrated to me according to the law of Moses and Israel.”
- You’re the only one I wanted to see under the chuppah.
- Our relationship is rooted in tradition and will only continue to blossom and grow through faith and love.
- After seven circles around the chuppah, it’s official!
- “I have loved you with an everlasting love.” – Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 31:3
- I loved everything about today, but the bedeken ceremony was my favorite part.
- Feeling blessed to have you in my life. May God continue to guide us through marriage.
- Once everyone shouted “Mazel Tov,” I knew I wasn’t dreaming.
Wedding Captions For Islamic Weddings
Traditionally, Islamic weddings are short and sweet followed by a lengthy reception celebrating the newlyweds. Let your wedding captions showcase your religion and culture by expressing the importance of your Islamic wedding. Through your caption is a great moment to reference “Qabool hai” or even the celebratory recessional of savaqah.
- “Guide us in the straight path, the path of those on whom you have bestowed your grace.” – Surah Al-Fatiha 7
- I pledge, in honesty and sincerity.
- We said “Qabool hai” and made it official!
- Signing the Nikah-Nama made everything so real.
- Such as beautiful day to be married at our Mosque.
- “And We created you in pairs.” [78:8]
- Nikah Goals!
- “The rain married the soil.”
- I knew we were meant to be as God made our hearts familiar.
- May Allah strengthen our hearts and keep us blessed with faith and love.
Civil Ceremony Wedding Captions
Civil ceremonies are a legal alternative to having a religious ceremony. With a civil ceremony, your wedding ceremony is carried out and recognized by a government official. These types of ceremonies are perfect for the couple not looking to have religious aspects to their wedding or those interested in a more low-key and smaller affair.
With the ongoing pandemic complicating many weddings, civil ceremonies have been on the rise as a simpler way to make the marriage official. No matter what reason you may have for having a civil ceremony, highlight your joy of officially tying the knot through your wedding Instagram captions.
- With this piece of paper, two became one.
- We like to do things civilly.
- Taking care of business at City Hall.
- A civil ceremony? It has a nice ring to it.
- New name, who ‘dis?
- Plans may change, but you’ll always be my constant.
- This marriage is one for the books.
- Cheers to love, laughter, and happily ever after.
- Love is all we need.
- It’s just you, me, and the rest of our lives.
Beach Wedding Instagram Captions
For all those beach lovers out there, beach weddings are definitely the way to go. What’s more romantic than saying your vows along a gorgeous sandy shore? If you’re planning your perfect beach wedding, you should also plan for your perfect beach wedding Instagram captions. You can get as cheesy or as romantic as you want with this one, but in some way, you’ll probably want to creatively mention your beautiful beachy venue.
- Sand in my shoes but love in my heart.
- True love beside me and ocean behind me.
- Nothing to SEA here.
- A picture-perfect wedding. Just ignore the awkward tan lines.
- Two less fish in the sea.
- Down by the BAE.
- Here comes the tide.
- Shorely the best wedding ever!
- Love you to the beach and back.
- Shellebrating Love!
Garden Wedding Captions
Embrace the lovely backdrop of gorgeous flowers and lovely plants during a garden wedding. Not only does an elopement amid flowers make for a beautiful venue, but it makes for an incredibly fragrant one as well. Become metaphorical with your garden wedding Instagram captions by comparing your relationship to be blossoming and growing like the flora around you.
- Plant those seeds and watch love grow.
- A day straight out of a fairytale.
- Our love is only growing.
- “Love is like wildflowers. It is often found in the most unlikely places.”
- Rooted in love.
- “We’re all golden sunflowers inside.” – Allen Ginsberg
- You’re simply Iris-istible.
- I can’t be-leaf we’re officially married!
- “Plant these seeds and watch them bloom, just like the love of the bride and groom.”
- I’d pick you any day.
Backyard Wedding Instagram Captions
If you’re looking for a cozy and intimate celebration, a backyard wedding is absolutely the way to go. With a little creativity and some DIY decor, you can transform any backyard into a magical wedding venue. Plus, small weddings in the backyard can be quite romantic and meaningful with your closest friends and family in attendance. Describe the intimacy and beautiful simplicity of your backyard wedding through your wedding photo captions.
- There’s no better venue than your own backyard.
- Our forever begins at home.
- House in the front, wedding in the back.
- Greetings, from our own backyard.
- Home isn’t just a place, it’s a feeling.
- A beautiful night with my favorite people.
- A venue full of love.
- My best friend beside me. My family behind me.
- The perfect spot to tie the knot.
- Of all the backyard memories, this one takes the cake.
Destination Wedding Captions
Destination weddings are all about exploration and adventure as you embark on this new lifetime journey with your partner. A destination wedding will be an incredible trip you and your significant other will never forget. Showcase your marvelous experience on social media and be sure to creatively mention your destination as a part of your wedding photo captions.
- And thus begins our greatest journey yet.
- I’ve traveled the whole world, but you’re still my favorite destination.
- Couldn’t have asked for a better travel buddy.
- You and me and sights to see.
- Taking on the world together.
- We don’t need a map to know we’re on the right course.
- Pack your bags, we’re getting married!
- Wherever we go, love will follow.
- I’ve never been this happy to be so jet lagged!
- What happens in ______, stays in ______.
Cruise Wedding Captions
Take your wedding to sea with a cruise ship wedding. Not only can cruises be a romantic and picturesque venue, but a cruise ship wedding is a ceremony and honeymoon all in one. It’s your time to enjoy sailing the seven seas with your official spouse. Now of course in having a cruise wedding, you’ll need some incredible wedding captions as well. Luckily, we’ve got both clever and cheesy cruise-related captions to fit any taste.
Wedding Hashers has industry experts who share their tips with you for free! Sign up to have their wedding expertise delivered right to you.
- I love you a whole yacht.
- You, Me & the Seven Seas.
- You anchor me.
- I whale always love you.
- Mer-made for each other.
- Sailing through life with you.
- The voyage of our lifetime.
- Cruising into marriage.
- Tied the knot on a yacht.
- There’s nothing quite like nautical nuptials.
Rustic Wedding Instagram Captions
For a natural, earthy wedding theme, rustic weddings are the way to go. This elegant theme can be quaint and beautiful. It’s definitely one of the most popular wedding themes out there. If a rustic wedding is what you’re planning, these rustic wedding captions can help you stay true to your theme.
- Peace, Love, and Pinecones.
- The man I adore & rustic decor.
- What a magical day!
- Huge shoutout to my Pinterest board for making today possible!
- Together is a beautiful place to be.
- Let’s get lost in the woods!
- Cottagecore never looked so good!
- Just a Groom and Bride, mountainside.
- You make my rustic dreams come true.
- Where the aisle ends, forever begins.
Country Wedding Captions
If you’re planning a real outdoorsy, southern, country wedding, you’re gonna need a few things. Perhaps a barn venue, some horses, string lights, an awesome country playlist, a rustic wedding cake, and of course some cowboy hats. Let your country style and personality shine bright in your wedding photo captions by paying homage to your country theme.
- Country roads took me home to you.
- Barns, Barrels, and BBQ.
- You’re the Mac to my Cheese.
- Today was so beautiful, even the cake was in tiers.
- Found my home on the range.
- Wouldn’t be a country wedding without the cowboy hats.
- Knot tied, countryside.
- Red barn, white dress.
- God Gave Me You.
- Finally found my cowboy/girl.
Military Wedding Instagram Captions
If you, your partner, or both of you have served or are currently serving, you may wish to have a military wedding. Military weddings are a great way to honor your patriotism and showcase your branch of the military with subtle nods throughout your ceremony. Your wedding captions can also be a great way to reflect on your military wedding by including patriotic quotes or referencing your branch’s mission statement in relation to your marriage.
- Red, White, Blue, and “I Do!”
- Anchors Aweigh!
- “Always Ready” for an adventure with you.
- “Semper Fidelis” – Always Faithful.
- Wave your swords in the air, like you just don’t care.
- To love and to serve.
- “Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality.” – Abraham Lincoln
- Life takes you unexpected places, but love brings you home.
- Deployments are hard, but loving you is easy.
- After miles apart, we’re officially together and stronger than ever!
Indian Wedding Captions
Traditional Indian weddings involve several days of meaningful rituals leading up to the official marriage. These rituals include meaningful gift-giving, a Mehndi party for henna preparations, and constructing the mandap, among many other traditions. The actual wedding day will include a grand processional known as baraat and the symbolic walk around the fire. These traditions are incredibly rich in meaning and referencing or describing what they mean to you can make for some perfect wedding Instagram captions.
- Saree, not sorry for all these wedding photos.
- Look who’s baraat ready.
- Meet me under the Mandap.
- Looking trendy after Mehndi.
- I love baraat and roll.
- ‘A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.’
- Love isn’t a race, but let the record reflect I was the first seated after Mangal Phera.
- Once he applied the Sindoor, I knew it was forever.
- “We have walked seven steps together; let us be friends.”
- “I am the sky, you are the earth… You and I, in essence, complete each other.”
Elopement Wedding Captions
Elopements may not be for every couple, but for the couple who wishes to tie the knot as quickly, spontaneously, or as secretly as possible, you may enjoy an elopement. An elopement doesn’t necessarily mean missing out on all the wedding day fun. It represents an intimate moment shared mainly between you and your partner.
Of course, celebrating an elopement can come later should the couple wish to celebrate the exciting news with their friends and family after the fact. If an elopement feels right to you and your partner, we’ve got some creative ways to share your spontaneous update via wedding captions.
- I’d marry you in a heartbeat!
- Woke up in love and went to bed married.
- Breaking News: We Eloped!
- Where would we be without our spontaneity?
- Have you heard the news? We’re married!
- It’s Mrs. ____ now!
- Why plan a wedding when you can elope instead?
- So, this happened today.
- 10/10 I’d marry you again.
- Our greatest adventure yet has only just begun.
Seasonal Wedding Captions
If you’re hoping to plan your wedding day around a particular season, then you’re having a seasonal wedding. Choose to embrace a wintery wedding, a blossoming and blooming spring ceremony, a bright, vibrant, and sunny summer union, or a cozy, harvest wedding.
No matter what season you choose to tie the knot, you can easily create some fun seasonal wedding captions by keeping your season of choice in mind.
Winter Wedding Instagram Captions
- ‘Tis the season for the perfect wedding.
- Meet me under the mistletoe.
- There’s snow place else I’d rather be.
- Some people are worth melting for.
Spring Wedding Instagram Captions
- Spring is in the air and love is in our hearts.
- I’m a succa for a Spring wedding.
- It’s the season of new beginnings.
- Spring has sprung, our new lives have begun.
Summer Wedding Instagram Captions
- You are my sunshine.
- Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever After.
- Paradise found!
- Fun in the sun with my number one.
Fall Wedding Instagram Captions
- Falling harder for you every day.
- Out of all the pumpkins in the patch, I’d pick you every time.
- I be-leaf in a thing called love.
Get Your Wedding Captions Ready!
Ultimately, your wedding day will result in tons of incredible photos just begging to be shared. Between the engagement photoshoot, the pre-wedding photoshoot, and all the pictures taken on the big day, you’ll have a lot of decisions to make.
Which photos shall you share and post?
And what will all your wedding Instagram captions be? With a day as big as your wedding day, you don’t have to settle on just a few photos. It’s your special day, feel free to share as many as you’d like with as many amazing wedding captions as you’d like.
We truly hope that this list of wedding Instagram captions has inspired you as you begin to draft up your wedding social media updates.
Enjoy these captions and get to sharing!
Wedding Hashers has industry experts who share their tips with you for free! Sign up to have their wedding expertise delivered right to you.