Top 100 Engagement Photo Captions For Your Big Announcement (Plus 25 Hashtags To Include In The Post)
Announcing your engagement is an incredible milestone that you’ll likely want to share immediately with your friends and family, but have you thought about what engagement photo captions you should use to break the news?
No matter what style you’re looking for in a caption, we’ve got the top 100 engagement photo captions to help inspire your perfect engagement post.
Top 100 Engagement Photo Captions
Engagement Photo Captions From TV Shows & Movies
If you’re a pop culture addict, consider drafting up some engagement photo captions based on your favorite TV shows and movies. From iconic sitcoms like Friends and The Office, to romantic films like The Notebook, there’s a quote out there to perfectly fit your announcement.
- “You’re my person.” –Grey’s Anatomy
- “I love you. You complete me.” –Jerry Maguire
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” –When Harry Met Sally
- “To infinity and beyond.” –Toy Story
- “I want all of you forever, you and me, every day.” –The Notebook
- “I found my lobster.” –Friends
- “This Pam officially found her Jim.” –The Office
- “To me, you are perfect.” –Love Actually
- “When I’m with her, I feel happy to be alive. Like I can do anything.” –Boy Meets World
- “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.” –The Fault in Our Stars
- “Three words. Eight letters. Say it and I’m yours.” –Gossip Girls
- “There are two big days in any love story: the day you meet the girl of your dreams and the day you marry her.” –How I Met Your Mother
Funny Engagement Photo Captions
If you’re looking to have some fun with your captions for engagement pictures, then bring on the comedy! Showcase you and your partner’s fun-loving personalities with a line that’ll make others chuckle or with a pun that can’t be beaten.
- Tell me the truth. Does this ring make me look engaged?
- This just in: I’m off the market!
- TL;DR: We’re getting married!
- He stole my heart so I’m stealing his last name.
- Soooo… This just happened.
- It’s the announcement you’ve all been waiting for!
- I’m still in shock, but here’s a pic of the ring!
- Looks like it’s about time for a wedding.
- My horoscope was way off, but this is way better!
- I think my hand just got heavier.
- He liked it. He put a ring on it.
- Low-quality manicure. High-quality partner.
- Status Update: Engaged!
Engagement Captions From Song Lyrics
For the musically-inclined couple, coming up with top-notch captions for engagement pictures can be as simple and as powerful as letting your favorite love song do the talking. Use iconic song lyrics like the ones below to share your love and good news.
- “You’re my end and my beginning.” -John Legend
- “I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you’re in the world.” -Elton John
- “At last… my love has come along.” -Etta James
- “Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you.” – Bruno Mars
- “You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.” -Taylor Swift
- “Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be.” – Elvis Presley
- “You’re the only one that I want. Think I’m addicted to your light.” -Beyoncé
- “For whatever my man is. I am his forevermore.” -Barbra Streisand
- “Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet. Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me.” -Ed Sheeran
- “I’ve known it from the moment that we met. No doubt in my mind where you belong.” -Adele
- “Take my life, and take my soul. Wrap me in a wedding ring.” -Halsey
- “Before the day I met you, life was so unkind. But you’re the key to my peace of mind.” -Aretha Franklin
- “After all this time I’m still into you.” -Paramore
Cute Captions for Engagement Pictures
Make your engagement post as sweet as candy with a cute caption like the examples below. Feel free to get sappy and romantic as you explain what an engagement ring truly means for your relationship.
- Our next chapter begins today and lasts forever.
- Cheers to an endless adventure with you.
- The best surprise of my life!
- Out of all the dates we’ve ever been on, this has to be my favorite one.
- Forever, and then some.
- The only person I’d want to grow old with.
- It’s hard to stay calm when you just got engaged!
- Fairytales aren’t just fiction.
- This is what pure happiness looks like.
- The beginning of the greatest love story ever written.
- This smile is not going away anytime soon.
- Through thick and thin, love will win.
Holiday Engagement Photo Captions
Many people plan their proposals around holidays to add additional excitement to the holiday celebration. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Valentine’s Day are popular holidays to choose as these are times when family is often present, allowing the couple the opportunity to announce their good news to their family in person. If you get engaged during the holiday season, here are some clever holiday captions for engagement pictures:
- Feeling thankful for the family by my side, the food on my plate, and the ring on my finger!
- ‘Tis the season… to get married!
- Snow is on the ground and love is in the air.
- All I wanted for Christmas was you!
- ‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, everyone’s stirring ‘cause I found me a spouse.
- Love is the greatest gift.
- New Year, New Name.
- I’d say this was a great way to RING in the New Year!
- He popped the question. I popped the champagne.
- The fireworks must’ve been for us, right?
- Introducing my forever Valentine!
- Upgraded from chocolates to a ring!
Sentimental Engagement Captions (That Aren’t Cheesy)
Getting engaged is a big moment. Perhaps you’ve been waiting for this day for a while now and have so many emotions you want to convey to your friends and family about this pivotal milestone in your life. If that’s the case, don’t be afraid to be reflective by creating your own sentimental engagement photo captions like the ones below.
- Saying “Yes” was the easiest decision I’ve ever made.
- Forever with you doesn’t even seem long enough, but I’m sure we’ll make do.
- I’ve never been so sure about anything until I met you.
- Feeling incredibly thankful to have you by my side forever and always.
- Loving you is easy.
- I always knew you’d be my forever.
- My heart is full.
- From Prom date to Soulmate.
- You’re my destiny.
- Happy to walk through life with you.
- You’re my one and only.
- Cheers to love, laughter, and happily ever after.
- My dreams came true the day I met you, and now it’s time for forever.
Engagement Captions From Celebrity Quotes
Celebrities are essentially pop culture influencers who seem to always know exactly what to say when it comes to social media posts. If you’re looking for inspiration on captions for engagement pictures, try looking up what your favorite celebrity couple had to say about their own engagement. Their iconic words can make for an excellent caption:
- “Here’s to a lifetime of friendship, purpose and unconditional love.” -Bindi Irwin
- “That can’t eat, can’t sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kind of stuff.” -Sarah Hyland
- “My love. My life. My family. My future.” -Lindsay Lohan
- “Thank you for saying YES and making me the happiest man in the world. You’re the love of my life, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.” -Tim Tebow
- “Don’t mind if I do.” -Kat Dennings
- “We are overwhelmed with joy and excitement to share with you our recent engagement!” -Julianne Hough
- “He gave me his heart on Valentine’s Day, and I said YES!” -Lady Gaga
- “Once you’ve found the right person, you just know.” -Sophie Turner
- “He got down on one knee and he’s like, ‘I forgot everything I’m supposed to say, but you’re my best friend.’”-Hilary Duff
- “You make me so much better and we compliment each other so well!! Can’t wait for the best season of life yet!” -Justin Bieber
- “Ummmm so this happened…” -Eva Longoria
- “He’s just the best person I’ve ever met in my whole life.” -Jennifer Lawrence
- “I Feel Complete.” -Ciara
Engagement Photo Captions For Guys
Attention all guys out there! Perhaps quoting a song, movie, or celebrity isn’t your style and you’re looking for caption ideas more your speed. Fear not, here are some fool-proof captions for engagement pictures that all the guys out there can use.
- It’s no contest, I’m the luckiest man alive.
- The rumors are true. She said yes!
- Mission complete!
- My best friend just became my fiancé.
- I finally popped the question.
- Don’t worry Beyoncé, I put a ring on it.
- So thankful to have a partner like you.
- Looks like a wedding is in the forecast.
- No longer single.
- So glad I swiped right.
- Guess I’m going to be a husband!
- There’s no one else I’d rather do life with.
25 Engagement Hashtags For Your Post
Aside from thinking up the best engagement photo captions for your post, you should also include some engagement photo hashtags to top it all off. Hashtags are a great way to organize and describe your post. They’re especially fun to use the punnier they are.
Above all else, all great engagement announcements on social media deserve an amazing wedding hashtag along with them. Wedding hashtags are custom lines that reflect you and your partner’s unique relationship by creatively using your name, wedding details, or interests into one clever slogan.
If you and your partner are looking for your wedding hashtags to be created by professional writers, look no further than Wedding Hashers. Their team of experienced hashtag creators will personalize a series of wedding hashtags that you and your partner will love.
Once you have a clever wedding hashtag to add to your engagement post, you might also want to add a few other engagement-related hashtags along with it. Below are 25 engagement photo hashtags you can use when posting your engagement photo shoot.
Ready To Write Your Caption?
After perusing through 100 different ways to announce your engagement on Instagram and social media, we hope you’ve found a caption style that fits you perfectly.
Caption your engagement photos in a way that best matches your personality whether that be through song lyrics, romcom quotes, funny quips, or sentimental words.
Once you’re done composing your caption, don’t forget to include your wedding hashtag and some fun engagement hashtags to fully complete your ultimate engagement post.
Wedding Hashers has industry experts who share their tips with you for free! Sign up to have their wedding expertise delivered right to you.